C9W Valentine Cards – We MESH Well Together!
What to do with all those mesh bags from apples and onions? Make Valentines of course!
Blank cards or Used file folders
Netting or Mesh bags from fruits and veggies
Sequins and sparkles
Sewing machine (Ideally capable of a zig zag stitch)
1. Cut two squares or rectangles of mesh (If using netting, one piece is sufficient.)
2. Overlap the mesh pieces and center them onto the card.
3. Sew along 3 sides of the mesh using a zig zag stitch for added decoration. (REMEMBER to open the card BEFORE sewing otherwise you will successfully create a postcard J )
4. Fill the mesh pocket with sparkles. (If using mesh bags, stick with large size sparkles.)
5. Sew along the 4th side of the mesh pocket.
6. Write a few kind words inside & send it off to a friend. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Tips: Instead of purchasing blank cards, fold and cut cards from a few used file folders.