How to Create Snow Globes Using Baby Food Jars
Enjoy the perfect snowy day, without shoveling 😀
- Glass baby food jar
- Small toys, figurines or trees
- Waterproof adhesive, E6000 or Glass & Bead glue
- Glycerine or Mineral oil (baby oil)
- Distilled water (omit if using mineral oil)
- Goo remover, Citra Solv Natural Cleaner or Goo Gone
- Glue figurines to inside of jar lid using a waterproof adhesive like E6000 or Glass & Bead glue. Place glue on both lid and figurine, wait 2 minutes, then press together. Let dry completely. Tip: Hot glue will only stay attached a short time.
- After glycerine has been added, add 3-4 dots of glue to lid threads before screwing on jar
- Remove jar label & clean surface goo (adult supervision required with goo cleaner)
- Select figurine & ask adult to glue to jar lid
- Pour glitter into jar, about 1/2-1 tsp
- *Fill jar to top with distilled water
- Add dash of glycerine, about 4-5 drops (adult supervision required with glycerine)
- After adult has attached lid, decorate rim of jar with ribbon
- Shake! Shake! Shake! ENJOY!!
* In place of distilled water & glycerine, jar may also be filled with mineral oil, aka baby oil
Cloud 9 Kid Connection:
Creating snow globes with kids requires the help and supervision of adults. The ability to measure & pour small amounts takes practice. Protect table surface with newspapers or old towels so spills and mishaps are not a problem.