FREE Tutorial, Crazy Catapults Featured in Metroparent Magazine
DIY toys are fun to make and play with friends! This project is mobile & requires no messy supplies! We started with large craft sticks but no need to stop there. Craft sticks, rubber bands and spoons come in many sizes. Make several & encourage your child to experiment and text new ideas!
- Craft Sticks, various sizes
- Rubber Bands, various sizes
- Plastic spoons, various sizes
- Pom Poms
- Optional: Plastic Bottle Tops & Hot Glue Gun
- Optional: Permanent markers
- Stack 7 craft sticks & rubber band each end
- Stack 2 craft sticks & rubber band one end
- Slide stack of 7 sticks between stack of 2 sticks & rubber band joint
- Rubber band plastic spoon on end of single craft craft stick
- Place Pom Pom on spoon, pull back & Test your Catapult!
- Optional: In place of spoon, hot glue plastic bottle top to end of craft stick
- Optional: Add designs with permanent markers
- Assist with hot glue gun, if needed