What do you give someone who loves to make, build, draw, sew, craft, CREATE? We know!! Here are Cloud 9 Workshop’s tips on great gifts for the art-minded individual!
Really, trust us, every creative should be well-stocked with these! I’ve bought tools boxes for all my kids (starting age 3) and before I had my own kiddos, I gave tool boxes filled with fun supplies and gadgets to my nieces and nephews. Periodically, I send them supply refills to keep the creative juices flowing as they grow and their interests evolve.
- Tool box (The real deal, let’s not pretend here. One day it holds knitting supplies the next day parts to a model and before your know it their off to college carrying real tools!) Plastic Supply Caddies also work well and cost less.
- Duck tape (see dollar store gifts below), scotch tape, painters tape, washi tape, masking tape. Bonus Gadget, a tape dispenser!!
- Hole punch, traditional or fancy
- String, rubber bands, glue (liquid school glue & glue sticks)
- Stapler & staples
- Low-temp glue gun & glue sticks (older children only)
- Pencils & pencil sharpener
- Markers, crayons or colored pencils
- Tracing paper
P.S. If you have multiple kids, buy multiple gadgets; tape dispensers, hole punches, staplers, scissors and lable with person’s name.
Local Art Experiences for Tots, Kids, Teens & Adults
- Cloud 9 Workshop – Eco-Art, Sewing, Building, Printmaking, Jewelry, Workshops & Camps for Tots, Kids, Teens, Adults, Parent/Child & Parties, DOWNLOADABLE GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE
- Bloom Gallery & Creative Ground – Painting, Ceramics, Jewelry, Parties! – Kids & Adults
- Cream City Clay – Ceramics – Kids & Adults
- Bay View Printing – Letterpress Printing – Kids & Adults
- Milwaukee Art Museum – Drawing, Painting, Fine Art – Tots, Kids & Adults
- Local Recreation Departments – Tosa Recreation Department, Milwaukee Recreation Department – Tots, Kids & Adults
- Walkers Point Center for the Arts – Multimedia Visual & Performing arts – Kids
- Lynden Sculpture Garden – Nature & Fine Art – Tots, Kids & Adults
Dollar Store Gifts for Creative Busy Bees
- Tape! Duct tape (fancy is best!), masking tape, painters tape….did we mention tape!
- Colorful tissue paper
- Pipe cleaners, pom moms, google eyes & anything shiny!
- Small note pads and pens
- Craft sticks & rubber bands
Art Kits & Toys for Kids
Find these kits on-line or better yet at your local Toy Store. We like Ruckus and Glee!
- Super Hero or Fashion Rubbing Plates
- Magnetic Building Tiles
- Kinetic Sand, Include a plastic tub or tray…plus a collection of little cups, spoons, plastic animals…you get the idea
- How to draw books…super heroes, animals, cars, fashion, silly faces….whatever interests your child
- Shrinky Dinks, Buy the kits or just buy the full sheets and cut as desired!
Art Supplies for Teens & Pre-Teens
Materials that will provide hours, days, weeks and months of creative fun!
- Gels pens & dark colored paper/envelopes & post-its
- Oven Dry Clay like Sculpey or Fimo
- Glycerine Soap Making Supplies
- Kitting & Crocheting supplies
- Earring supplies….maybe Cloud 9 Workshop should make some kits. We’ll work on that idea!
No affiliate links here. This is just what we think is best for you and your loved ones!